Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fun to learn...

Many people have been asking the incredibly pervasive question...'what are you doing with your time since your unemployed?' At first glance, a fair and honest question...perhaps a stark reminder of my current state of affairs. Unemployed. Am I truly classified as that...such a bright future as I walked down the aisle at Lincoln Christian College...truly, unemployed had never entered even the outer reaches of my vocabulary. I had always envisioned it so much differently.

I realize I am in a difficult field. People. Ministry to people. A degree in ministry some say to be a gift, and I thought so as well...but at this particular juncture it is proving to be more of a bump in the road. Why the struggle? Aren't all churches the same? Can't you just go out and get a job at any church with any staff in any location around the Cities? If only it were that easy.

You see, I'm not a tradesman. I have no 'skills'. I have two arms, two legs, charming whit, a restless heart and the ability to waste endless amounts of time dreaming. I can join no union, enter into no technological field and lack many elementary business skills. So, what's a guy to do...what else but document his relentless search for work and the ideas that come in and out of the head as the day passes. This is it, the adventure of one man and his dog...staying at home honing his domestic abilities and looking for work.

No comments: