Thursday, September 4, 2008

Alright...another enthralling edition of my good ole bloggy blog.
I must say that I have thus far appreciated Jake's comment the most. I stand corrected.

Wanted to update you on what a typical day may look like as an unemployed male.


The most important of which includes two things. baking. and my dog.

I want to discuss with you the complexiti
es I have continued to learn about concerning the use of whole wheat flours as it relates to creating bread from scratch. I have two test loaves here to prove the grand expanse of time I have been using to test two theories about whole wheat baking.







bread (a) bread (b)

note the grave changes between a and b. These are identical recipes...different shaped loaves...but still such different results. The only main difference was the amount of whole wheat flour being 1/2 cup greater in loaf (a), creating a much denser and less vibrant loaf. while loaf (b) was created with mainly white bread flour and has a much more full texture, more rise, and greater crumb quality...what depth of change here. (see how the mind can wander). I merely want to prove that their is no real way to make a normal french bread type loaf 'healthier' by adding at least half of the amount of flour as whole wheat. It just does not work. French bread by nature is meant to be sticky and full, with depth and a solid crust. This was not truly accomplished in either loaf...with more or less whole wheat...you just need to realize that adding whole wheat flour to something does not make it instantly healthy or a super food...nor can it adequately be substituted regularly and without abandon in most recipes.

Onto bigger and better things...my dog.
I want to give you a little expose' on my dog, remy. He is a piebald Bosto
n Terrier. He is just about 5 months old...and provides the ultimate in companionship for my troubles when I am at home, full of self-reflection and searching for a purpose in life. Remy is the kind of dog who is there no matter what you need him for. You need a little guy to lay down beside you (or perhaps on you, more of the truth)...he's there. You need a little love in the form of excessive licking...he's there. You need a swift jog around the neighborhood...He's in. Seriously, this Dog is amazing! He's been everywhere with us...camping, hiking (up to like 5 miles without being tired!), sleeping, eating, playing...he's got such an even keel I can't get over it. My wife knew what she was doing when she invited this little canine into our lives. I want to give you two little excerpts from our latest installment of Remy shots.
here we caught him trying to be artsy...what a guy.


...and here he is, leading the pack as usual and looking distinguished as ever on the st. croix.




now it would be heinous of to leave this rare footage out...as we are talking about our dog and how he is just the man of the hour. I have to put this video up for all of you to enjoy...but let me warn you, it may be a little risky and only for ages 14+. Please don't think we're weird or we do this to our dog all the time...we were just having some fun...Just a disclaimer...



okay so i'll give this a day or so and see if people think this is appropriate...yikes.

4 comments:

Rich said...

Okay, so the Dog's trick, I feel like I am going by a bad accident on the highway. I should look away, but I can't. Also, it would be wise not to discuss this website with any possible employers, especially in the Youth ministry field.

Lizzie said...

WOW! that is a great video!

Xeryl said...

...in this club!

csusi said...

i think remy and truvy need to hook up. then again, with those moves .....i just need to leave this topic alone.

incredible piece of footage though.